5 Tips To Avoid Air Conditioning Repair
Florida uses an above average amount of air conditioning and so it has a higher air conditioning repair rate. Air handlers work very hard most of the year to be sure homes are cooled. Even with proper care and routine air conditioning maintenance, most homeowners will eventually be calling an air conditioning repair company to come out and fix a problem.
The less strain you place on your air conditioner, the longer it will generally last. Here are 5 tips to avoid air conditioning repair you can employ to help lengthen the time between service calls.
1. Change your air filters every 4-6 weeks. How many people actually remember to do this? Give yourself a pat on the back if you’re one of the homeowners who do this regularly. A dirty air filter makes your unit have to work harder, which leads to earlier air conditioning repair.
2. Avoid Direct Sunlight: With the help of shades and curtains, you can control direct sunlight into the house and reduce the effect of radiant heat from the sun. Planting trees near windows also works as obstacles for the hot Florida sun.
3. Switch off exhaust fans. Once the job is done in kitchens and bathrooms, switch off that exhaust fan. Otherwise they blow all the expensive cool air outside.
4. Consider sealing your cooling ducts in the attic. Sealing your ductwork can improve airflow and increase the efficiency of your HVAC system by as much as 20 percent. Test ductwork for airflow leakage and seal the ductwork if needed.
5. Maintenance, Maintenance, Maintenance. Routine maintenance is the most important and convenient way to avoid air conditioning repairs. This will ensure you are running at peak efficiency.
Help your air conditioner last longer and run more efficiently by employing these tips and you will be far less likely to be sitting in your hot Florida home waiting for the air conditioner repair truck to pull into your driveway. Proper care and maintenance keeps you in control and saves you time and money.
Have You Practiced These Tips To Avoid Air Conditioning Repair?
If you have questions about your air conditioner or would like to schedule routine maintenance, give Air Hawk Heating & Cooling a call at 813-929-HAWK (4295). Our trustworthy and knowledgeable staff is ready to help.