Do You Really Need Air Duct Cleaning?
There is no evidence that proves that air duct cleaning improves the quality of the airflow in your home. But there is evidence that keeping a check on your air ducts can help keep your HVAC system running smoothly and efficiently and last for a longer period.
The Pros of Air Duct Cleaning
In most cases, if you replace your air conditioning filters on the proper interval each month, then having your air ducts cleaned might not be necessary. Having your air ducts cleaned can give you a piece of mind. Think about it, you have no idea what is hiding in the depths of your air ducts. It can be comforting to know that a professional has checked and cleaned your air ductwork. Here are some possible advantages of considering air duct cleaning.
- Possible increased respiratory health due to fewer contaminants in your AC system.
- Increased air conditioner efficiency due to increased airflow through your AC ducting.
- Cleaning your ducts may fight mold growth.
- Cleaning your ductwork may decrease offensive odors.
When Should You Have Air Duct Cleaning?
According to NADCA, the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, strong consideration should be given to having your air ducts cleaned if you fall into one of the following categories:
- You have a high volume of pets that shed frequently.
- Prior to occupancy of a new home.
- After damage to your HVAC system due to fire or flooding.
- If you have someone who smokes indoors.
- There is evidence of rodents and animal infestation of your ductwork.
- If someone in your family suffers from asthma or allergies
Remember, the easier it is for the air to flow through your air ducts, the better your system performs delivering that air to your living spaces. Any blockage that is in your air ducts will prevent the air to flow properly which will mean higher energy costs over time.
Contact Air Hawk Heating and Cooling at 813-929-HAWK or 727-SAME-Day to find out if air duct cleaning is right for you. We will be glad to help you with all of your HVAC needs!